- If I do not have the skill level required to provide the help needed, I will refer the client to other qualified professionals.
- I will preserve the client’s right to confidentiality and will not release any identifying information verbally or in writing without the client’s written permission (with the exception of threat of suicide, homicide or suspected child abuse)
- I will provide a means for evaluation of progress so that the client is not misled or taken advantage of.
- I will not advise a couple to separate or to end their relationship, but will allow each party to make their own decision.
- While I assist each client with their personal growth, clients are empowered to make their own decisions and will not be directed by myself to take any action. I advise clients initially in therapy not to make major life decisions, and to discuss them in session.
- I am committed to my own growth and development, both personally and professionally.
- I will make every effort to connect the client with services in the community and available support, through work with other healers or practitioners, mentors and/or group services.
- I will make every effort to complete a comprehensive assessment before initiating treatment with my client.
- I will avoid statements to the client that may generate false memories of sexual abuse.
- I will provide a safe, private setting for my Counselling.
- As a spiritual Counsellor, I may introduce spiritual concepts and integrate alternative forms of therapy in my work with my client, but will only do so at the client’s discretion.
- I will be careful to properly assess, prevent, and document the possibility and potential of suicidal or homicidal behaviour by a client.
- I will not give a client the false hope that the Counselling relationship can be anything more than that, or that it can be permanent.
- I will take direct steps to inform the potential victim of homicidal threats made by the client. I will immediately (within 24 hours) report sexual or physical abuse of a child to the police or other authorized persons.
- I will make every effort to assist a client understand patterns, and life events, however I will not “tell the future” or perform services of a “prophetical” nature.
- I will engage the client using the tarot, in order to help them change their present circumstances. I will keep my services focused a “here and now” basis.
- I will not physically touch the client, unless requested to do so by the client. If physical touch is required during a Reiki session, I will ask the client’s permission before I initiate physical contact.
- I will endeavor to give the client an explanation of what I am doing, and what is happening during the session if they ask.
- I will encourage my clients to seek any medical, or clinical attention required.
- I do not “heal” my clients, however I facilitate the process of healing. I make no promises that a client will suddenly feel better, regardless of their condition. I do not engage in “faith healings” or any healing practices which promise instant healing or relief of pain and suffering.